How can you appear offline on Facebook?
A feature lets you appear offline to specific friends, or appear online to friends you want to chat with. Log in to your Facebook account and click on the name of the person you want to appear offline to. Then click the gear icon to expand Options and select Appear Offline to Person for that user.
How do I hide my online status on Facebook 2020?
How to Hide your Active Status in Facebook App
- Simply open your Facebook app.
- Tap the hamburger menu in the top right of the app.
- Scroll down and tap Settings & Privacy.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down in Privacy category tap Active Status.
- Tap the toggle button to Turn On or Turn Off to confirm your choice.
How do I turn off the green dot on Facebook?
How do I turn my active status on or off on Facebook?
- Tap .
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Active Status.
- Tap Turn on Active Status or Turn off Active Status to turn your Active Status on or off.
How do I turn off offline activity on Facebook?
How to turn off Facebook offline activity tracking?
- Step 1: Go to Facebook Settings and click on the Facebook Information which is in the left column.
- Step 2: Click on ‘Off-Facebook Activity’.
- Step 3: Click on ‘More Options’ and select ‘Manage Future Activity’.
- Step 4: Select the ‘Manage Future Activity’ option.
Why can’t I turn off my active status on Facebook?
Scroll down and tap “Settings & Privacy” to expand a new set of options. Tap “Settings,” then scroll down to the “Privacy” section. Locate “Active Status” and select it to open a new screen, then flip the “Show when you’re active” switch to the off position.
How do I turn off active status on Facebook 2021?
Open Facebook in a browser and log in, if you’re not already. Click the circular Messenger icon in the top-right corner. In the Messenger drop-down, click the three-dot icon at the top. Click “Turn off Active Status” in the drop-down menu.
How do I turn off active status on Facebook Desktop?
How to Turn Off Active Status on Facebook on Android
- Open the Messenger App.
- On the home screen, tap on your profile icon in the upper left corner.
- Under Profile, tap on Active Status.
- Tap on the toggle for Show when you’re active.
- You can now navigate away from this screen.
Can you tell if someone is checking your Messenger?
Whether you like it or not, Facebook’s chat app Messenger will let you know when someone has read your note. It’s super obvious when you’re using the desktop version of the product — you’ll even see exactly what time your friend checked out your missive — but a bit more subtle if you’re using the app.