Now after twenty-four hours, your stories will no longer disappear. They will simply be saved under Stories Archive in the Instagram app. To access this feature, users can tap the archive icon button on their profile.
How do you save a story on Instagram after 24 hours?
Instagram stories disappear after 24 hours.
To do this and share an Instagram story as a post, follow the steps:
- View your active story.
- Click on the 3 dots at the bottom of the story and tap “Save”
- Select Share as Post.
How do I save my Instagram on my day?
Here’s how you can save a one day Instagram story:
- Open up your own Story by pressing the “Your Story” icon on the upper left hand corner of your feed.
- With your Story open, tap the three little dots on the lower right hand corner that say “More”
- Hit “Save…” then press “Save Story”
- Wait for the video to render.
How do you archive a story on Instagram before 24 hours?
To turn Stories Archive on or off:
- Go to your profile and tap the settings icon for iPhone or 3 vertical dots for Android in the top right.
- Scroll down to Privacy and Security, then tap Story Controls.
- Next to Save to Archive, tap .
How can I see my Instagram status after 24 hours?
To see who viewed your story after 24 hours or the story disappeared, go to the Instagram archive page. Select the story you want to see viewer info. Swipe up on the screen to see a list of people who viewed your story up to 48 hours after you post it.
How do you save a Instagram story?
Toggle over to your profile (the person icon in the bottom toolbar).
- Tap the three lines and select “Settings.” …
- Tap “Privacy” followed by “Story.” …
- Under “Saving” toggle on the option to save your Instagram stories to your archive (you can choose to save stories to your phone’s photo gallery from this screen as well).
How do you recover unsaved Instagram stories?
Tap the photo, video, or story you’d like to restore or permanently delete. Tap the three-dot icon in the top right. Tap Restore to profile or Restore to restore content or Delete it.
Where do saved Instagram stories go?
To access the Instagram Archive, go to your profile and tap the “Archive” icon in the top right. This shows you an archive of all your Stories.
How do I download a story?
How do I download Instagram Story on a smartphone?
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Find the profile with the desired Stories.
- Copy the username.
- Paste it to the input box.
- Click on the Download button.
- Yay, Stories will be saved on your phone.
Why is my Instagram story not disappearing after 24 hours?
Photos and videos you share to your story disappear from Feed, your profile and Direct after 24 hours, unless you add it as a highlight. Keep in mind that you can also save photos and videos from your story or share your story to Feed.
How long does Instagram archive last?
It’s important to note that your stories get archived for your use only. For other people, they will disappear after 24 hours like normal. The archiving feature should be turned on by default, but if it isn’t, you can turn it on in your Settings.
Can you delete an Instagram story before 24 hours?
Stories aren’t permanent by design. They will automatically disappear from your Story feed after 24 hours, but users can delete their Story before the 24 hour expiration deadline.