Tap Edit Settings then tap General. In the Messages section, tap On or Off below Allow people to contact my Page privately by showing the Message button.
Why can’t I send a private message on Facebook?
You’ll need to first install the Facebook Messenger app to send a private message to a Page. If you don’t see the option to message a Page, it means the Page has turned off this feature. To contact a Page with messages turned off, you may be able to post on the Page.
How do I turn on messenger on Facebook?
To turn on Messenger for your page, go to Messages under General Settings and then click Edit. Select the option to allow messages to your page, and click Save Changes.
How do you send a private message on Facebook without Messenger?
How to send messages on Facebook without Messenger
- Navigate to facebook.com on your mobile browser.
- Tap the bell icon to open your Notifications.
- On Safari tap the square w/ arrow icon, on Chrome tap the 3 dots and select “Request Desktop Site.”
- Tap the messages icon to send a message to anyone on your friends list.
Why won’t my messages send in messenger?
Some reasons why you can’t send messages: You sent a lot of messages recently. Your messages went against the Facebook Community Standards. Problems with your app, phone or internet.
How do I set privacy on messenger?
To get to the Privacy tab in Messenger:
- Open your Messenger app.
- From Chats, tap your profile picture in the top left.
- From the menu, tap Privacy.
How do you send a private message in Messenger?
How do I start a Secret Conversation in Facebook Messenger?
- From the tab, tap.
- Tap Secret in the top right.
- Select who you want to message.
- If you want, tap in the text box and set a timer to make the messages disappear.
Who can message me on Facebook Messenger 2020?
By default, anyone who has a Facebook profile is allowed to send you a message, even if he’s not on your friend list. If you receive too many unwanted messages from non-friends, change your privacy settings so that only your confirmed friends are allowed to send a message.
How can I private my Facebook account?
To get to the Facebook Privacy Settings and Tools screen:
- Select the arrow in the upper-right corner of any Facebook screen.
- Select Settings & Privacy in the drop-down menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Select Privacy in the left pane.
- The first item listed is Who can see your future posts. …
- Select Close to save the change.
How do I turn off messages in Facebook Messenger?
- Open Facebook Messenger.
- Tap profile icon in the top right corner.
- Tap SMS.
- Tap On.
- Tap TURN OFF SMS.
- Change SMS app to Android Messages.
Is private message on Facebook the same as Messenger?
No. Private messages only appear in your inbox on Facebook or on the Messenger app.
How can I see messages without Messenger?
The easiest way is to head to Messenger.com. On the desktop, this site acts as a messages-only portal. If you open it on your mobile browser, though, the site will redirect you to downloading the Messenger app.
How do I send a message on Facebook that only the recipient can see?
How to Send a Message on Facebook Without Others Seeing It
- Log in to Facebook and click on the “Messages” link. …
- Begin typing the name of the person to whom you’d like to send a message. …
- Click inside the “Write a message” box and compose your message. …
- Click on the “Send” button when the message is ready to go.