What happens when you create a life event on Facebook?
Facebook life events allow people to know what’s happening to you quickly, without you having to write a post about it. … Usually, these life events are created automatically when you change a portion of your Facebook profile.
How do you post a life event on Facebook?
Tap in the top right of Facebook, then tap your name.
- Next to What’s on your mind? tap Life Event.
- Select a category.
- Add details like photos or a location and then tap Post.
Are life events on Facebook public?
Facebook really wants us to use Life Events. The company thinks they’re so important that it stars them for you automatically (meaning they are given more prominence on your Timeline). Life Events are also public by default, although you can change that setting before you publish.
How do I keep life events private on Facebook?
Life events are highlighted on your Profile
You can choose to hide a life event by tapping “…” at the top of the post and selecting “Hide from Timeline.”
Do life events show up in newsfeed?
And previously, Life Events only appeared in your newsfeed. … Now, Facebook will ping you with notifications about certain Life Events regardless of if the person shows up regularly in your newsfeed. That means you won’t miss out on any big moments — and no one will miss out on your big moments, either.
How do I view life events on my timeline?
To add a life event, follow these steps:
- Click the Life Event section in the Share box. …
- Select the event you want to create from the menu. …
- Fill out the details you want to share. …
- Add a photo to illustrate the event. …
- Use the Privacy menu to choose who can see this event in your Timeline. …
- Click Save.
How do you post a life event on Facebook 2021?
To create a life event on your Facebook profile:
- Tap in the bottom right of Facebook, then tap your name.
- Scroll down to Posts and tap Life Event.
- Select a category or create your own.
- Tap Photos/Videos to add photos and videos to your life event. …
- Tap Next then choose who you want to share your life event with.
Step 1: Near the top of your News Feed, tap “What’s on your mind?” to begin creating a new post. Step 2: Swipe up on the post options at the bottom of the screen to expand the menu. Step 3: Tap “Life Event.” Step 4: Tap one of the suggested life events to add it to your post.
How do I make my relationship status show up on my timeline?
How to Enter Your Relationship and Family Information into Your Facebook Timeline
- Click the Edit button in the upper-right corner of the Relationship section. …
- Click the Relationship Status menu to reveal the different types of romantic relationships you can add.
How do you find old life events on Facebook?
Tap in the top right of Facebook.
- Tap Events.
- Tap Calendar, then tap .
- Select Past Events to see events you previously attended.
How do I undelete a life event on Facebook?
To retrieve the post you just deleted, navigate to More > Activity Log, and then tap Trash from the top menu. You’ll see any posts deleted within the past 30 days via Manage Activity. Tap a post you want to recover and then tap Restore. Select Restore to confirm.