Instagram hashtags can make or break your Instagram strategy. Use them correctly and you’ll get your posts seen by more people. Instagram hashtags can make or break your Instagram marketing strategy. Use them correctly and you’ll get your posts seen by more people likely to be interested in your products or brand.
Stories and posts that use the hashtag will be featured in a user’s newsfeed alongside the content they already follow. Once users follow a hashtag, Instagram’s algorithm will have to decide which stories to feature in users’ feeds based on a variety of factors, such as quality, recency and engagement.
Hashtags can help categorize posts, increase engagement, attract followers to a certain niche, strengthen a brand image and help reach a target audience (and vice versa). Instagram generates around 95 million photos posted on its platform each day.
Use relevant hashtags to reach new users
That means using hashtags thoughtfully can be a good way to get followers on Instagram for free. Including relevant hashtags can help people find your content after a search, or after clicking on a hashtag from another relevant post.
Hashtag follows are being treated the same as account follows, though you’ll notice that your follow file will be sorted in two sections: people and hashtags. If you have a public account, anyone looking through your profile will be able to see what you follow.
What happens if you follow a hashtag?
After you follow a hashtag you will see posts of people appearing in your home feed (people you don’t even follow). It will look like you are following them – which is amazing. It allows you to discover and interact with new people, from all around the world, directly from your home page.
Short answer: Yes. Long answer: Only if used correctly. Hashtags have become a powerful tool to increase engagement, organize content, and connect users on various social media platforms.
How can I increase my followers in Instagram?
10 Ways to increase Instagram followers
- Optimize your Instagram account. …
- Keep a consistent content calendar. …
- Schedule Instagram posts in advance. …
- Get partners and brand advocates to post your content. …
- Avoid fake Instagram followers. …
- Showcase your Instagram everywhere. …
- Post content followers want. …
- Get the conversation started.
So, if you’re still wondering, “should I be putting my hashtags in the first comment?” – there’s no real difference to their functionality, it’s completely UP TO YOU. If you prefer hashtags-free captions, then yes, you should just go for it and place them in the comment section.
- They always start with # but they won’t work if you use spaces, punctuation or symbols.
- Make sure your accounts are public. …
- Don’t string too many words together. …
- Use relevant and specific hashtags. …
- Limit the number of hashtags you use.
Ways you can find suitable hashtags include:
- Use the Instagram search function. …
- Use the hashtags that the influencers in your industry use.
- Look at your competitors’ posts and use the non-branded tags that they use. …
- Look at posts that use hashtags you have found successful.
How can I get 1000 followers on Instagram?
How to Gain Your First 1,000 Followers on Instagram
- Create and optimize your profile.
- Designate a content creator.
- Follow photography and editing best practices.
- Set a regular posting schedule.
- Curate some of your content.
- Use a consistent, platform-specific brand voice.
- Write engaging, shareable captions.
Why am I not getting followers on Instagram?
Some of the other reasons that you’re not gaining more followers include. 1. You’re not using the hashtags at all or aren’t using the right hashtags. You can use tools like RiteTag or Seekmetrics.