If you can’t see your messages or you’re getting a “No internet Connection” error, you can try: Updating to the latest version of Messenger. Quitting and reopening the Messenger app. Checking your Wi-Fi or internet connection.
How do you see all messages on Messenger?
To search all your conversations on Messenger at once, follow the steps below:
- Open Facebook on your browser.
- Navigate to the Messenger icon in the upper-right corner of your Home page.
- Tap on the icon and go all the way down to “See all in Messenger.”
- On the left sidebar, you’ll find the “Search Messenger” box.
How do I find missing messages on Facebook Messenger?
On the Messenger app
- Open the app and click on the gear icon, labeled “Settings”
- Click on “People”
- Click “Message Requests”
- You’ll likely see a few messages in here, but to see everyone, click “See filtered requests”
- Inside will be your missing messages.
What causes messages to disappear on Messenger?
Facebook is rolling out a new feature that makes messages disappear in Messenger and Instagram. Vanish mode makes messages disappear after they are seen by the recipient and they leave the chat. … Messenger and Instagram will notify users when someone takes a screenshot of their chat while using vanish mode.
How do I retrieve old messages on Messenger?
Select the Messenger icon at the top of the page. Choose See all in Messenger at the bottom of the Messenger list. Click the three-dot menu icon next to Chats and select Archived Chats in the menu. If you see the message you are looking for, respond to the chat to move it back to the Messenger active chat list.
How far back does Messenger keep messages?
Unless you actively delete the history between you and another user, Messenger retains the entirety of your back-and-forth conversations, stretching back years. It could be jarring to some to be hit with an old thread with an ex or a family member or friend who has passed.
Why have all my messages disappeared?
It can be an accidental deletion or loss, recent app updates that affect your text messages, date and time setting in your phone is not updated, Android system or app version that needs an update, and many others. …
Here’s how to find secret messages in Facebook’s hidden inbox
- Open the Facebook Messenger app. …
- Tap “Settings” in the bottom right-hand corner. …
- Select the “People” option. …
- And then “Message Requests.” …
- Tap the “See filtered requests” option, which sits under any existing requests you have.
How do you know if someone is using Vanish mode?
Once it is activated, your screen turns dark and some ‘Shush’ emojis fall from the top of your screen to signal that you are in Vanish Mode. Your chat buddy also gets notified with a message on the screen that they are chatting in vanish mode.
Can you tell if someone is using Vanish mode on Messenger?
If someone sends you a new vanish mode message while you’re in a regular chat, you’ll get a notification that you can tap on to enter the vanish mode conversation with them. You’ll also be notified if they send you a new message outside of vanish mode.