It’s completely free to start a YouTube channel. But to create video content, you may need to spend money on video production equipment, which can cost between $1,300 and $10,000.
Is it free to have a YouTube channel?
Creating a YouTube channel is completely free. The part that can get expensive is when you start to create the content for your channel.
How much does a YouTube account cost?
After the free one-month trial, YouTube Premium costs $11.99 per month. For an extra $6 per month, you can add as many as five family members to your Premium subscription.
Is there a monthly fee for a YouTube channel?
Subscribing to a YouTube channel is free, and it doesn’t cost you anything. The “subscribe” button on YouTube is similar to the “follow” button on social media platforms. There is no cost to subscribing to a channel on YouTube. On social media platforms, following someone will show their posts on your feed.
What is the difference between YouTube channel and YouTube account?
What makes a YouTube Brand account different? The difference of having a standard YouTube channel and having a YouTube Brand Account is that with the latter you have the option to change owners and managers while a YouTube channel is always associated with a specific person and their email address.
How do you become a YouTube channel for free?
Become a channel member
- Visit youtube.com or open the YouTube app.
- Go to the channel of, or a video uploaded by, the creator you’d like to support and see if they’ve enabled memberships on their channel.
- Click or tap Join.
- Follow the prompts to enter your payment information.
- Click or tap Buy.
How do you start a YouTube channel for free?
How to create a YouTube channel
- Go to YouTube and sign in. Head over to YouTube.com and click ‘sign in’ in the top right corner of the page: …
- Head over to your YouTube settings. In the top right corner of the screen, click on your profile icon and then click “Create a channel.” …
- Create your channel.
What happens if you join a YouTube channel?
Channel memberships on the main YouTube site and app allow you to purchase public badges, emoji, and access to creator perks offered by the channel. Memberships may be priced differently depending on your country, and the platform you use.
What happens when you subscribe to a YouTube channel?
You can find a Subscribe button under any YouTube video or on a channel’s page. Once you subscribe to a channel, any new videos it publishes will show up in your Subscriptions feed. You may also start getting notifications when a channel you subscribe to publishes new content.
How do I start a YouTube channel?
Create a personal channel
- Sign in to YouTube on a computer or the mobile site.
- Click your profile picture. Create a channel.
- You’ll be asked to create a channel.
- Check the details (with your Google Account name and photo) and confirm to create your channel.
Should I make my YouTube channel a brand account?
Brand Accounts give you access to Analytics, which provides data on watch time reports, interaction reports, audience engagement, demographics and revenue reports. Used the right way, this data will show you how you can get the most value out of your resources and videos.
What is the purpose of a YouTube channel?
Your channel is where you group the videos you make and upload, the videos you watch and like, and the playlists of videos you create. Your channel will have a web address (URL) that you can promote on your website or marketing material. People can subscribe to your channel.