Short answer: Yes. As a professional artist (“professional” meaning you get paid to do your work — i.e. commissions — whether it be part-time or full-time work), I recommend creating and maintaining a Facebook business/professional page (or Fan Page). Whether you have a personal website or not.
Should an artist have a Facebook page?
Personal Profile. Every artist, in my opinion, should have a Facebook page, if they are looking to build their brand and promote their art. A Facebook page allows you to interact and engage more publicly than your personal profile.
Is Facebook good for selling art?
It may take months or even years for the sale to come to fruition, but if you are prepared to put in the time and effort required, Facebook can become an invaluable indirect marketing tool for selling your work.
How do I make an artist page on Facebook?
To create your page, go to Facebook’s page creator and select Artist, Band, or Public Figure. Select Artist, Band, or Public Figure as the Facebook page type. Next, select Public Figure from the Category drop-down menu, type in your name, and click Get Started.
Is Facebook or Instagram better for artists?
Pros. Instagram is great for artists because it is intended specifically for visual media. Where Facebook allows for enormous amounts of text, Instagram provides bite-sized and perfectly-square photos.
How do I write an About Me page for an artist?
Key Ideas for your Artist About Page
- Its not about your background or art career history. …
- Its not about your artist statement. …
- It is about what makes you the clear choice. …
- Make it unique. …
- Add your personality. …
- Elevator speech. …
- Why they should choose you over another artist. …
- What your art stands for.
How do you introduce an art page?
Artist Statement Guidelines
- A general introduction to your work, a body of work, or a specific project.
- It should open with the work’s basic ideas in an overview of two or three sentences or a short paragraph.
- The second paragraph should go into detail about how these issues or ideas are presented in the work.
Does Facebook own my art?
When you sign up for an account on Facebook, you can upload your art as a digital image to your Facebook page. You retain ownership of all of your art after putting it on Facebook. … The license stops when you take down your art.
What size art sells best?
The most popular standard size is 11×14. If you offer this size, the buyer will be able to find a frame that fits the print in most art stores or online.
What art sells the most on Etsy?
The type of paintings that sell best on Etsy are watercolors of pets and animals in the sub $50 price range with an average size of 8×10 inches. With dogs being the most popular.
What is a Facebook art page?
A Facebook Page, sometimes referred to as a Fan Page, is a single page separate from your personal account that people create for many different purposes outside personal sharing. Think of it as a one-page meeting place, with information, links, a message forum box, RSS and anything else you want.
What is an artist page?
July 29, 2021 15:42. An artist page is the epicenter of life for artists on ReverbNation. From here artists manage their page (including show schedules, pictures, etc), upload audio and video, access promotion, distribution and communication channels.
How do celebrities get verified on Facebook?
To request a verified badge:
- Make sure you’re logged in to the account you’re requesting a verified badge for.
- Go to your profile and tap .
- Tap Settings > Account > Request Verification.
- Enter your full name and provide the required form of identification (example: government-issued photo ID).