The left side of any screen on Facebook is taken up by what Facebook calls the sidebar. The sidebar is the menu on the left side of the page that provides links to frequently used areas of the site, as well as access to your online friends for easy chatting.
It typically appears as a column to the left of the main content, though it can appear on the right side as well. Both Windows and Mac OS X desktop windows include a sidebar by default.
Facebook states, “The sidebar is sensitive to the amount of free space you have on your screen, so it only appears if there’s enough room for it. If you don’t see the sidebar, just click Chat in the bottom right corner of your screen, which shows the same list of friends you’ll find in your sidebar.”
Note: clicking “Menus” when logged on to your Facebook account, you will go to the configuration screen. You can view your menus by clicking “View menupod” on top right. You can also access the configuration page by clicking the “settings” link at the bottom of the menupod.
If you want to re-enable the sidebar, click the three dots next to “Contacts” and toggle the “Show contacts” switch back on.
You can redisplay the side bar using either of the following methods:
- Use a gesture. Drag from the left hand side of the screen with two fingers.
- Use the side bar button. Tap the side bar button to show the side bar. You can drag the side bar button to another position on screen. Figure 4.2. Side Bar Button.
How to hide the sidebar on Facebook
- Log in to your Facebook (laptop or personal computer).
- Click the gear icon at the right part of your screen where you have chat contacts.
- Click on hide Sidebar.
Where are settings in Facebook?
Tap in the top right of Facebook. Scroll down and tap Settings. Tap the setting you’d like to adjust.
How to Add and Edit Your Menu on a Facebook Page
- Click on “About” on the left side of the screen.
- Under the “More Info” section, click on “Add Menu.”
- Choose to upload a photo or PDF file of your menu.
- Click “Confirm” when your menu is uploaded.