However, Instagram has steadfastly pursued a no-clickable-link policy: you can put any text you want in an Instagram post, but the service will not make the text display as a clickable link. Users are allowed one and only one clickable link, and that link has to be on their profile page.
If your link is not clickable in Instagram bio you should check the following items: Make sure you have updated your Instagram account to the latest version. You are not putting the link in the right section. Make sure you have a good internet connection.
There are currently only two ways to “earn” the option to add links into Instagram stories: Either have 10,000+ followers or have a verified account. … Instagram decides by their own (elusive) guidelines who is worthy of a verified badge and only gives it out to “some public figures, celebrities and brands.”
Here’s what to do:
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap “edit profile.”
- In the “website” textbox, add the link you want users to follow.
- Add something to your bio indicating what the link is and encouraging followers to click through.
- Tap “Add Story” and take or upload a photo.
Instagram users can, and often do, share links by cutting and pasting text links in captions and comments, but there is no direct linking allowed on Instagram. If you paste a link into a post, your followers have to copy and paste the link into their web browser address bar.
To put a link in your Instagram bio, simply go onto your Instagram page and click “Edit Profile”. Then add your link under “Website”, as highlighted above. Instagram will automatically turn the URL address you enter into a clickable link. Then, press the check mark to save any changes to your profile.
Here’s how you can pay to add clickable links to your Instagram posts:
- Go to your profile on Instagram.
- Choose the post you want to promote.
- Click on “Promote”
- Tap “Edit” under the Your Website option.
- Replace the link to your website with any link you want.
- Tap “Done”
- Fill out the rest of the details for your ad.
If you don’t have a verified account or 10,000 followers, you can use IGTV to activate the swipe-up feature. In order to do so, you must switch to a business account if you don’t already have one. Create a video using IGTV. You can add a link in the description of the video and that’s the way to get leads, for example.