Unsharing an Item You Shared
If you’ve shared an item, you can remove it from your profile directly. Go to your profile and click the down arrow that appears in the upper right corner. of the item, then click “Delete.”
If you shared someone else’s video in a post, you can delete your post, but the original video may remain on Facebook. If you want someone else’s video removed from Facebook, ask the person who posted it to take it down. You can also remove a tag from a video you’re tagged in.
Got to your profile, and tap on the three-dot menu. Go to Activity Log > Manage Activity and tap on the popup that says Your Posts. Once you see the list of your posts, you can select all posts you want to archive or delete, and hit that option accordingly.
Swipe to the left to scroll through the icons until you see “Activity Log” and then tap it. The Activity Log displays all your Facebook activity, including your posts. Tap the circle to the right of the post and then tap “Delete.” If you tap “Hide from Timeline,” you will hide the post instead of deleting it.
When you choose to delete something you shared on Facebook, we remove it from the site. Some of this information is permanently deleted from our servers; however, some things can only be deleted when you permanently delete your account.
If you don’t want your photo shared then you can make it private and if somebody (whose not your friend) has already shared your picture then you can immediately make it private or change it to (friends only) then only your friends will be able to see that shared picture and no one else.
Are Friends notified when you delete a post?
If you have tagged a friend or if that person has you in their ‘close friends/send notifications for all updates list’, then the other person will get a notification when you share your update. However, there is no notification sent to anyone if you delete a post.
How do I clean up my Facebook?
Here are some tips for sprucing up your profile.
- Why It’s Important to Clean up Your Facebook Profile.
- Update Your Profile Picture and Cover Photo.
- Unfriend or Unfollow Irrelevant Friends.
- Update Your Facebook ‘About’ Info.
- Update Your Intro Section.
- Clear Out Irrelevant Posts From Your Timeline.
How do I delete all my Facebook data?
- Log into Facebook.
- Go to the settings menu.
- Select “Your Facebook Information.”
- Choose “Off-Facebook Activity.”
- Select “Manage Off-Facebook Activity.”
- Clear your history.
- Select “Manage Future Activity” and toggle the option off.
How do you delete past events on Facebook?
How do I cancel or delete a Facebook event?
- In the top right of Facebook, tap .
- Tap Events. You may have to tap See More first.
- Tap Your Events and go to your event.
- Tap Manage.
- Tap Edit, then tap Cancel Event.
- Select Cancel Event or Delete Event.
- Tap Confirm.