Facebook Hides Your Email Address Leaving Only @Facebook.com Visible. … Now everyone’s personal email addresses have been hidden from their profiles, regardless of previously selected privacy settings. Instead, your @facebook.com contact info is the only one visible to people with permission to see your email addresses.
How do I hide my email address on Facebook?
At the top of the Contact Information editing screen, there is a list of email addresses associated with your account.
- From this drop-down menu, you may select the people who are allowed to see your email address. To hide it from everyone, select “Only me.” …
- A dialog box will appear to confirm your change.
How do I hide my email address?
To hide addresses, use the Bcc field, just like the Cc field. No one will be able to see the addresses added in this field.
Is it safe to put your email address on Facebook?
Anything that will put your email address on to a publicly accessible web page will in all likelihood cause you to start getting more and more and more and more spam.
Here are the four methods to use Facebook to find someone’s email address:
- Check the person’s Facebook profile – About page. …
- Ask for the email directly (if it’s private/hidden) …
- Use an email finder tool. …
- Import Emails from Facebook via an Email Account Provider.
How do I change who can see my email on Facebook?
How do I control who can see my email on my Facebook profile?
- Tap See Your About Info, scroll down to Contact Info, then tap Edit.
- Tap Manage Contact Info, then tap the email address you’d like to update.
- Below Who can see this email address? tap the dropdown menu and select a new audience.
How do I hide Facebook URL in contact information?
Click the Edit button in the Contact Info box (see above image). Under “Emails”, click the little circle icon that corresponds to your @Facebook.com e-mail address and set it to “Hidden from Timeline”.
How do I make my Facebook profile private?
To get to the Facebook Privacy Settings and Tools screen:
- Select the arrow in the upper-right corner of any Facebook screen.
- Select Settings & Privacy in the drop-down menu.
- Choose Settings.
- Select Privacy in the left pane.
- The first item listed is Who can see your future posts. …
- Select Close to save the change.
Can I send an email without showing my email address?
There are plenty of legitimate reasons to send an anonymous email. There are free online services that allow you to send an anonymous email. Alternatively, you can use a burner email account and a VPN to protect your identity. It is easy to send an email without revealing your identity.
Can you send an anonymous email?
Create a new email account
They easiest way to send emails anonymously is to create a new email account. If you must use services Gmail or Yahoo, you could create an email using false information. Choose a fake name, home address, date of birth, and don’t provide a phone number.
Why does Facebook need an email address?
We may use your email address for purposes like: Helping you log in. If you forget your password, you’ll need an updated phone number or email address to reset it. Suggesting People You May Know so you can connect with them on Facebook.
Is your email address public?
Personal (non work-related) email is not subject to the public records law, even if it is made or received on a public computer or email system. Most public agencies allow some reasonable use of public computers and email systems for purely personal communication.
Only give your email address to legitimate and credible organisations. If you are at all unsure of the actual identity of an entity or person asking you for your email address do take a bit more time to check if this may be indeed a scam or risky before giving what is requested.