Yes, to solve the problem with Instagram direct messages not working, you need just to enable the mobile view of your Instagram page. … As soon as you download the IG mobile app to your laptop or stationary PC, you can use it just like it’s your smartphone. The entire functionality of a mobile app will be available.
How do you get to your direct messages on Instagram on computer?
Go to instagram.com on any web browser on your laptop or computer. If you have the ability to Instagram DM on desktop, you’ll see an icon on the top-right that looks like a paper airplane — the same icon for DMs on Instagram’s mobile app.
Why are my Instagram direct messages not showing up?
If you cannot see the messages, or Instagram DM is not working it can be due to Instagram newest update. … To see if the direct message problem is due to the device or it’s a software-related issue, try logging into Instagram account using another device or web-based Instagram (a.k.a. webstagram).
How do you fix Instagram messages not displayed?
14 Steps to Fix Instagram Direct Messages (DMs) aren’t Working, Sending, or Loading
- Log Out and Log Back Into Your Instagram Account. …
- Check the Instagram Server Status. …
- Install Pending Instagram App Updates. …
- Use Instagram Through Your Web Browser App. …
- Try Loading or Sending Instagram Direct Messages on a Different Device.
Can you send messages on Instagram on computer?
You can DM on Instagram from your computer using any internet browser. To send direct messages from your computer, head to the Instagram website and click the paper plane icon in the top-right.
Where are my Instagram direct messages?
You can also check your direct messages using Instagram on a web browser.
- Go to the official Instagram website and log in.
- Select the Messenger icon.
- Your current conversations appear in the left pane. Click a conversation to open it in the right pane.
- Type a message in the message bar.
The good news is that these hidden messages are easy to find.
- To see if you have any hidden Instagram messages, tap the inbox icon at the top right of the app. …
- If you have any hidden messages, a little blue bar will appear at the top of your inbox saying you have “message requests.”
How do I fix my Instagram DM glitch?
How to Fix Instagram DM Glitch
- Check Your Internet Connection.
- Check if you are blocked.
- Check if the User Deactivated His Account.
- Your Instagram app is not updated.
- Undo The Update.
- Report The Problem To Instagram.
- Clear Instagram cache.
- Uninstall and Reinstall The App.
What does clearing Instagram cache do?
Clearing the cache of an app only takes away some of the old pictures it had stored to make viewing faster and easier. When this is cleared, the app is typically left alone. All that has occurred is freeing up some needed space on the gadget. Clearing data can involve the app’s customized settings.
Why are my Instagram messages delayed?
When enabled, apps do not refresh in background, and at times, that might be the reason for causing delay or no notifications on Instagram. So you need to disable the feature.
How do you update direct messages on Instagram?
How to update Instagram messaging
- Start the Instagram app and tap the DM icon at the top right of the screen. Tap the DMs arrow. …
- You should see a pop-up screen that invites you to upgrade to Messenger. Tap “Update.” …
- You’ll see a page indicating your messaging has been updated. Tap “Continue.”