Just open a conversation, hit the options key and select Secret Conversation. You can even choose to make your messages disappear, by tapping the clock icon in the text box and setting a timer.
Can you send a timed message on Messenger?
First you need to open the Messages app on your phone and then choose a recipient. Type your message. After that tap the three dots in the top right-hand corner and choose the option Schedule message. After choosing this option, you can easily pick your date and time to schedule your message.
Where is the timer icon on Messenger?
If you want to send a self-destructive message, you just need to tap the little timer icon on the right-hand side of the input box. Then you just choose a timer period and enter the message. Once your chatpartner reads the message, he or she only has the time you set to read the message.
How does timer work on Messenger?
Using the timer option, users can opt to control how long a message is available to view in the conversation. “Within a secret conversation, you can also choose to set a timer to control the length of time each message you send remains visible within the conversation,” wrote Facebook in a blog post.
What is the timer on Facebook Messenger?
After you start an end-to-end encrypted conversation, you can set a timer to have everyone’s messages disappear 1 minute, 15 minutes or 24 hours from the chat after they’ve been seen. Anyone in the end-to-end encrypted conversation can reset the timer.
How can I set a secret timer on Facebook Messenger?
After you’ve update your Messenger app, you’ll see a “secret” option on the top right of the “new message” screen. From the home tab tap Secret in the top right-hand corner and select who you want to message. You can set the message to self-destruct by tapping the clock icon in the text box and by setting the timer.
How do you schedule messages?
How to schedule text messages on Android using Google Messages
- Start Messages and create a text message, but don’t send it.
- Tap and hold the Send button. …
- Choose the time you want to send the message. …
- Tap the Send button, which now has a small clock icon to indicate this is a scheduled text.
How do I use Vanish mode on Messenger?
To use Vanish Mode, you’ll need to have the Messenger app (previously known as Facebook Messenger) installed on your iPhone or Android.
- Open Messenger and open or start a chat with someone. …
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen. …
- Your current chat will disappear and be replaced by an empty Vanish Mode screen.
Can you tell if someone is looking at your Messenger?
Whether you like it or not, Facebook’s chat app Messenger will let you know when someone has read your note. It’s super obvious when you’re using the desktop version of the product — you’ll even see exactly what time your friend checked out your missive — but a bit more subtle if you’re using the app.
Does the Green Dot mean they are on Facebook or Messenger?
As mentioned above, the green dot appears on the user’s profile picture. This is to indicate that the user is currently online on Facebook. … This means that the user could be on either the Facebook app, Facebook.com, or Facebook Messenger.
How do I hide a chat on Messenger?
Here is how to start a secret conversation:
- Launch the Facebook Messenger app on your phone.
- Now tap on the pencil icon in the upper-right corner.
- Then tap on Secret in the upper-right corner.
- Select the user with whom you want to start your secret conversation.
- Messages you type will disappear after 10 seconds.
Can you have secret messages on Messenger?
You can make a “secret conversation” in Messenger by starting a new conversation and tapping the icon in the top-right corner. Messenger’s secret conversations are encrypted, meaning that your messages are incredibly private — not even Facebook can read them.
How do I stop Facebook Messenger from disappearing messages?
Steps to disable:
- For the default for new chats, Go to Signal Settings. > Privacy (Android & iOS) or Preferences (Desktop) > Default timer for new chats.
- For a specific one-to-one chat, on any device go to chat settings > Disappearing messages.
- For a specific group chat, admins may select who can change the timer.
What do the minutes on messenger mean?
It’s the last time they logged into Facebook chat from the mobile app. It’s the last time that person was active (clicked, scrolled etc.
How do I get a live countdown on Facebook?
Placing a Countdown Clock on Facebook
- Sign into your Facebook account and click “App Center” from the left sidebar.
- Navigate to the “Not Long Now (Countdown Timer)” app (see Resources).
- Click “Go to App.” Enter the name of your event and select the date and time from the drop-down menus.
What do the green minutes mean on messenger?
A solid green dot indicates that the user is online. A few minutes after the user closed the messenger app, a green indicator with the minutes after he/she closed the app, gives us an idea if the user was still online. If he/she is still inactive after an hour, the green indicator will be gone.